How to File for PUA Unemployment in New York.
If you would like information on how to apply for unemployment in New York, you will find it here.
To file a claim, simply log in or create an ID account at https://unemployment.labor.ny.gov/login and follow the instructions.
You only need to create a Personal Identification Number if you have never submitted a claim for benefits in New York State (PIN). This is a four-digit number that needs to remain private. This PIN will be used to log in to the system to verify weekly benefits and make account updates.
Documents Required to Apply for a PUA
- This is your social security number.
- Number on your driver’s license or vehicle identification card (if you have one).
- Your complete address as well as your zip code.
- A phone number where we can reach you Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 17 p.m.
- The number on your immigrant registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen and have a card).
- All of your employers’ names and addresses from the previous 18 months, including those in other states.
- Your most recent employer’s employer registration number or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) (FEIN is on your W-2 forms).
- If you’re a federal employee, you’ll need copies of forms SF8 and SF50.
- For military service, your most recent separation document (DD 214).
Is it Possible to File a Claim Without Documents?
You don’t need all of these documents to file a claim. However, your first payment may be delayed as a result of this.
If you can’t print the web pages, copy the information with a pen and paper.
If you want your weekly benefits deposited directly into your bank account, you’ll need the bank routing and checking account information.
How to Make a PUA Claim
It’s a straightforward procedure; simply follow our instructions and you’ll be good to go. https://dol.ny.gov/ is the official website of the New York State Department of Labor. Choose the option “PUA” in the section “Unemployment Insurance“:
Select “File” from the drop-down menu once you’re in this section:
When you press “File,” you’ll be prompted to enter your user’s name and password. It would simply be a matter of following the instructions provided.